Monday, January 17, 2011

Aurora's Favorite Things

Your personality is coming out more and more and it is clear that you have some favorites. At 11 weeks old here are your current ones:

Favorite animal - Panda bear which you love to stare at hanging in the car seat.
Favorite book - black and white pattern book made by Heather your Parents at Teachers guide. You just got a new book called Andy Warhol's Colors that your aunt bought you at the museum that you are starting to like. It may become the new favorite.
Favorite food- mommie's milk of course! You get so happy when it's time to nurse!! You are starting to check out our food when we eat, but you are not yet reaching for anything. Good thing cause we're suppose to wait until you're 6 months old to introduce foods. We're thinking baby lead weaning when the time comes.
Favorite blankie - you love daddy's baby blankie right now. It is quite snuggly.
Favorite toy - you love to watch mommy play with the rattle, but your favorite toy is either your pink polka dot puppy or the play mat at the UUFT nursery.
Favorite song - Stuck Like Glue by Sugarland is still winning this one.
Favorite time of day- bedtime! You get sooo chatty and smiley when you lay down in bed with mommy for the night.
You are starting to love the water on your face in the shower. You stick your tongue out to taste it. I love how when you do get upset that once we figure out what is wrong you get so smiley like you're saying 'good job mommy, you figured it out.' You do this when you want changed and I lay you on the table.

I am back to work full time now and you spend your days with daddy and grandpa. You love it! I hear no complaints except when I try to get you to wake up in the mornings and eat before I go to work. You like to sleep in. Right now you are going through a growth spurt it seems and I am thankful for the three day weekend to nurse you. You are pushing up better during tummy time, but when you try to move you get your one arm stuck behind you. It is frustrating for you so you have decided to focus more on trying to sit up. You are now doing little baby crunches on your own and love sitting in the highchair when we go out. We just put blankies around you so can stay up, but you are really trying to sit up on your own.

On Alysia's birthday you chatted with Alek who is a few months older than you and you held hands which was adorable. You also like to hold your own hands in front of you or put your finger tips together like you are plotting world domination or something, lol!

I like being back and work, though I miss you during the day. It is nice to have the time apart where I can use my other skills, the ones that don't involve being a food source 24/7. I pump 3 times at work which is just enough food for what you are needing and we breastfeed together all evening and night. Working makes me treasure our co-sleeping relationship even more. I am still growing more attached to you each day. As I type you are chatting it up with me from your boppy where you are trying to sit up on your own. You've grown so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment